Tuesday, August 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday... sort of...

So... I did get some done this week. I got the back of the game night quilt started... But that's all.


So, in lue of a real WIP post, I am going to share some of what I've been doing instead of sewing...

Fact about me: I love the Olympics. I mean, I love the Olympics. I love the Olympics the way most people love Christmas. Every 4th year, I want to buy a giant TV and never stop watching the epic display of human awesomeness. LOVE!!!

So, with the 2012 London games starting, I found myself in full Olympic fever. And, because I was unable to pack up and move to London for two weeks, I settled on hosting our own family Olympics instead!


***Que Theme Music***
The Events:
Javelin!



Discus!

Fencing!



Archery!



Marble Racing! (I think this one could be running?)


Shot Put! (Which, as you can see was really just a water ballon fight...)


Kayaking!

Finally, our own Olympic Torch!


Cupcake cones! With a frosting flame! Yes, they were really, really good! :)

Here's to all the Olympians!!! Next time - I'm totally going to Rio...

Happy WIP Wednesday, everyone!! Be sure to head on over to Freshly Pieced!!!

6 comments:

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love your Olympic torch... I am a bit of a Olympic fan as well! and being in London, well you cannot really avoid it. Should have some pics to share tomorrow if you fancy having a tour...

Sara said...

That is awesome!! I love all the sports you incorporated and you even managed kayaking too sweet! Bet your kids just loved it!

Leslie said...

this looks like loads of fun!!!

Katie B said...

This looks like an absolute blast! I'm obsessed too--I just read an article about the size of the cyclists' thighs. Did you read that? Blew my mind. And also made me wonder why I was spending time reading an article about cyclists' thighs...

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That looks totally fun! I really want one of those cupcakes now.

Live a Colorful Life said...

How fun! Our son is like you. So if our grand kids go to bed like they should during the games,then the next morning there is a "medal ceremony" held on the fireplace hearth with the national anthem playing!