Friday, April 29, 2011
It was a happy moment!! If you feel inspired, please share your happy moment too! :)
Thursday, April 28, 2011
I really like it!!
Here are my 8!! I can't believe I'm half way done!! :)
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
(Of all the pictures I took of Supernova, this is my favorite. I don't know why...)
Funny story - when I gave it to my hubby, he said he needed to test it out. So, he took it to the couch, curled up, and 2.4 nanoseconds later was actually asleep. It was funny. I take that as a quilt success! ;)
Anyway, Supernova and Easter Dress/bag were my big finishes this week (Yipee!). I had fun with all three of those projects!!
Now, on to the WIPs!!
Bottled Rainbow continues to be the funnest of projects. I don't see how I could ever give this away to anyone. It's like a giant memory. Every scrap I put on, I think, "Oh, I remember making that!" It's awesomely fun! This week (um... about 5 minutes ago...) I finished the Pink Block!
It's really cute. The BIG square is from one of my very first "real" quilts - Hex. It makes me happy having that on here! Here are my 7 (!) finished blocks:
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I am thrilled with the out come! Finished size: 62 x 80!
As I have mentioned, I made this for my hubby, so I made it how I knew he would like it - which meant light quilting. He loves the back to be soft, and prefers minimal quilting for that.
To accomplish as little quilting as possible on the back, I quilted the top in straight lines just onto the batting. Then, I basted that to the back and quilted just the outlines of the big blocks. It turned out great.
And I was so excited, that I gave it to him yesterday! Two weeks early. :) He loves it!!
I am thrilled to have participated in this amazing quilt-a-long, and would like to thank Lee for hosting it, and sharing this truly amazing pattern with us. I will absolutely be making another Supernova in the very near future!!!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Which is funny, because this was what I intended to do right from the beginning, but made a mistake and tried to do something else. That failed. Then I had to redo the bodice. Which I ended up cutting wrong - again. Then, to fix my second mistake, I went back to the original plan. **sigh** Oh, the joys of making my own dress pattern. I should have slowed down a little...
BUT - third times the charm, the end result is darling, so I'm okay with it. hahaha!!
So, here it is - the princess' 2011 Easter dress!!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
First off - super secret project, miraculously, has hit a huge milestone! The hard part is finished!!!!! I wasn't actually sure if I would get that part done by next month, but now I am confident that it will be all the way finished by the deadline (which, is also super secret. Okay - next month....)
I started designing the Princess' Easter dress, and got the fabric. She told me that she wants a simple (she used the word "normal") dress instead of a frilly ball gown. I kind of died a little inside, but I will do as she wishes... *sniff*
Bottled Rainbows - I actually finished TWO squares this week!!
And Plum. This one isn't my favorite, but it will look good enough...
Here are my 6 finished blocks so far!!
Supernova top is complete, and I have pieced the back as well!!
I am going with black minky with a blue minky stripe.
Apparently, I have a thing for stripes on the back of my quilts. ;)
Anyway, Supernova's back is really stunning, and I think it will be totally fabulous when it's all said and done. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find black minky, though. I had to go to three stores! Who knew?
Sadly, though - I have to spend a little time on a very unfun WIP -
I hate laundry.
Well, that's it for this week!! Happy WIP Wednesday!! Check out everyone's WIPs over at Freshly Pieced!!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Anyway, I did the boarder with scraps, and I am pleased with how it looks. With the extra row, the top finished at about 62 x 80 - great size! I am going to back it with minky. Because the hubby LOVES minky! lol!
Love this pattern so much!!
Oh, and I totally have to make one of these. Seriously!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
I finished a lot of small projects that were gnawing at me (see post below!), and I actually got ahead on a few WIPs!!
First - SUPERNOVA!
(Have you tried this? It's good. It tastes like a Slurpee...)
Um, anyways - I finished all 12 of my Supernova squares and I am tickled with them. Sure, if (*when*) I do this again, I will do things a little differently, but I really do like how these are coming together...
Next - I suddenly realized that Easter is in 2 weeks. I really need to get an Easter dress going for the princess. Yikes. That's on deck for this week...
Well, that's all! Happy WIP Wednesday!!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
A skirt for my daughter!!
Saturday, April 9, 2011
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave the award!! Done!
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Will do below - but be warned - I am a storyteller...
3. Award 6 recently discovered bloggers. Will do below.
4. Contact and tell bloggers about the award.
Okay - 7 things about me.
1. I play the violin. I am slated to play a duet in church on Easter Sunday. I better start practicing for that...
2. I used to be a cheerleader in high school. That has very little impact on my life now, except that every time I utter the work "Ready?" my husband slaps his sides and shouts, "OK!" He's gotten a lot of mileage out of this joke and I will likely be hearing this until the day I die. :)
3. My first job was at Hot Dog on a Stick. Yes, I wore the hat. I worked there for 5 years. I know...
4. I cheat. Not on important stuff - never in school, or anything like that, but if you are playing a game with me - I am cheating. I don't know why, but I don't plan on stopping. Muahaha!
5. When I was pregnant with my first child, I was in college and due during midterms. I showed up to a midterm for a Corporate Finance class, and waddled to my seat. My professor walked over, eyed my gigantic stomach, and asked when my baby was due. I responded with, "Actually, I am planning to go to the hospital right after this test." The look of horror on his face was CLASSIC!! I got an A on that test, and had the baby the next morning.
6. I am clumsy. Very much so. It's not so much that I lack balancing skills, I just don't pay attention to what's around me - so I run into things and fall down a lot. It's embarrassing.
7. I am NOT a romantic-comedy kind of girl. I would rather poke myself in the eye. Give me a good action or fantasy and I'm a happy girl!
Okay - That's it about me! :) Here are the Stylish Bloggers I would like to award:
Jen at Stitch Hack
Valerie at Valerie Hart Photography
Melissa at Happy Quilting
Amy at Not Always With Thread
Lee at Freshly Pieced
Becky at My Fabric Obsession
Thanks again, Val, for this award! I am totally flattered! :)
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
But I have done some! Here are this week's WIPs -
Supernova - I have 9 of the 12 sub sets done.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Superhero Capes from Daddy's old shirts!
Start with an old dress shirt. If your hubby's like mine - you go through them pretty quickly... Cut the arms off.
Turn shirt inside out, and sew up the arm holes. I zig-zaged them!
Friday, April 1, 2011
One of my favorites, and yes - I am a little sad to see it go. But, I know that the owner (who bought it for her daughter) will love it and give it a good home! What an ego boost! :)