Friday, October 29, 2010

Hiccup

About the costume that I made for the little man... This has a story... Every year that the little man has been alive, I have borrowed a costume for him from my sweet neighbor at the last minute. They are always cute, and just on Monday I talked to her about coming over to get another one for him.

Now, last week I spent 5 days focusing on nothing but potty training. He even missed preschool on Monday. He was fine to go on Wednesday, but when I showed up, I realized that it was his first preschool Halloween party. And I didn't have a costume for him. What kind of mother am I?!? I felt so bad!!! Luckily, his teacher had a spare spider costume that he wore.


But I still felt bad! So, to make up for it - I decided not to borrow a costume for him (for the 4th time) but to make him one. I knew he would want to be a Monstrous Nightmare (a dragon from How to Train Your Dragon), but I really didn't have time for a decent dragon costume. So, we compromised... I made him a Hiccup costume.

Here's Hiccup from the movie. Without any patterns, I managed to copy the costume pretty well. What do you think?


I think it turned out really well. And he LOVES it!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

That turned out super awesome. Love it. My kids are ogling in jealousy at this moment. They will be wearing clearance items from last year after Halloween.

Valerie said...

It is amazing, it looks just like the character :) Way to go!

tiffany said...

oh i LOVE it

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Love it!