Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bottled Rainbow - Complete!

I am SO thrilled with how my Bottled Rainbow turned out!! Yay!! This has been a wonderful project - one of my favorites!! I would like to thank Rachel at Stitched in Color for hosting this wonderful quilt-a-long!!

So, with no further adu - my Bottled Rainbow Quilt - all done!!


Finished size: 68 x 84


I don't use it often, but I did back this one with minky. The last quilt I used minky on was the Supernova, that I gave to my hubby. Well... I kept stealing it from him (it's so snuggly!!), so I decided to splurge and back this one with minky for ME. So he could keep his... You know - keeping the peace! lol!


The binding was from Riley Blake's "Feeling Groovy" line. It's flannel. The only reason I decided this was okay was because I was using minky on the back, so a flannel binding would be okay. Well, that's just how I justified it. Truth be told, I just loved it so much, and it was SO perfect, I just HAD to use it!!! :)

This has been so fun! I am kind of thinking that a weekly ticker tape block may still be in order, because they are SO fun! This is now my very own snuggle-on-the-couch quilt! Yay!!

17 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

Another fabulous finish :) I really like the white between the blocks! And yeay for a snuggly blanket just for you!

Angie said...

That's so cute! Way to go!

strbrte said...

Oh my gosh friend! This is so cute it looks so time consuming! I don't know how you do it all.

MariQuilts said...

Looks great.

Melinda said...

As usual...Gorgeous! I love it. The polka dots on the back are so cute. And I love hour binding stripes flow into the quilt instead of alongside it. Very pretty!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow!! I love the addition of the white sashing, it really makes your blocks pop :) Great finish!!!

Katie B said...

I love the minky on the back! What an awesome idea. I'm a little afraid of working with the minky, but it would be great in a QAYG type project.

And I agree with Elizabeth--the white sashing looks great!

Valerie said...

Seriously so awesome, Even Brandon saw it on face book and said, "Wow, Val did you see this quilt" ha ha ha. Pretty impressive :)

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

It turned out amazing! I can imagine that minky must be so incredibly soft -- what a great idea!

Jen said...

It is absolutely fabulous. I love the diagonal color scheme. Jealous of the minky, too.

Leanne said...

This turned out so great! And good for you to make it so snuggly.

Jenny said...

Ah! It looks fantastic! I absolutely love the binding fabric. I have been toying with the idea of backing mine in flannel, and that might have to be the one I use!

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Love it! I've wanted to make a rainbow quilt. I'm a novice, so I thought I would just do square of each color. BORING! I just never got excited about it. You're quilt is fabulous and fun, such a great use of scraps! The white borders makes the colors pop. Looks super cozy too!

Larry and Cindy said...

WOW your cuddly quilt turned out fabulous!!! I totally love the back and the binding. I also love the white sashing!!! You never cease to amaze me!!! MOM

Lauren Phelps said...

OoOo your rainbow quilt is so pretty! Great job!

Mitzi said...

Girl - your bottled rainbow quilt is gorgeous! Perfect! I love the white sashing.

EPF said...

I just joined your blog! such a beautiful quilt. Can you tell me how you quilted it? Is it hard to quilt regular cotton and minke together? I love the idea but I'm a beginner and worry about that kind of thing. Thanks!!