Thursday, April 19, 2012

Apple Core

I feel like I dropped off the face of the sewing world there for a while. We had a super fun vacataion, though!! I LOVE San Diego!!

Anyway, yesterday I finally turned on my sewing machine again and tried something new!!

For our Skill Builder Sampler blocks this month, we are doing odd shapes, and this week it's Apple Cores. I have been really scared of this one. And for good reason. They are NOT easy!! The entire time, I kept thinking, "I will never be doing this again!!" But then, I finished, and this was the result:


That hard work was not for nothing! It is CUTE!!! Maybe (maybe) I will do more Apple cores. They are fabulous looking!! Here's to trying new things!! :)


5 comments:

tiffany said...

very cute

Melissa Corry said...

They look awesome. Sorry the post was late, I scheduled it to post and for some reason it didn't post, grr

Katie B said...

Welcome back! Your project looks cute...can't say you're making me want to attempt an apple core!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

They look fantastic! Glad you had a great vacation. I used to live in San Diego when I was in the Navy and loved it!

The Thompsons said...

Yours looks fabulous! My hubbie served his mission in San Diego, so he's always talking about it. One of these days I'll make it out there.