Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Once again, very little was done this week. I promise, once summer is behind us, this blog won't be such a drag! :)

I did manage to do a few little things:

Utility Bags: I finished all 10 bags, and they turned out great! I haven't taken pictures yet, but will get those up tomorrow!!

Game night:

I did get some prep work done. There are some blocks that came out a little bit small, so I am trying to figure out the best approach here. I think I know what I am going to do, so some sewing will get done on this today!


Swimsuit alteration:

My main project of the week: altering my 8 year old's swim suit. Okay, I know that I am very conservative, but this year has been a swimsuit nightmare. I'm sorry - I don't want my daughter wearing a suit that is trying to make her look like a mini woman. We have tried 3 times to get a decent suit and each time it has been to low cut, to high cut, or just plain inappropriate. Finally, I found one at Downeast Outfitters that was very, very close to what we were looking for. BUT - My daughter is very tall, so the top was, once again, too short. That's when I realized: I can fix this. I sacrificed one of my swim suit in the process, but I managed to sew a band around the bottom of the top and yea!! She now has a suit that looks cute and covers her in an appropriate way. I have a feeling this is going to be the norm every summer. I may just try making our own swimsuits... we'll see. :) So here is the finished product.


Well, that's all! Check out all of the WIPs over at Freshly Pieced!! :)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Great fix for that super cute swimsuit!!

Jamie Lee said...

You could try Lands End. I get my kids tankinis because we spend almost every day at the pool and they are still young (my oldest is only 6) so using the bathroom can be a real chore getting a one piece up and down. They have sales year round and I've gotten suits for $5 a pop for each piece. Great job fixing the suit!!!

Katie B. said...

Good fix on the swimsuit! When I see the swimsuits available for little girls, it makes me glad I have a boy! The options just don't seem very modest to me.

Really excited to see game night!

Becky M said...

good fix on the swimsuit! I'm dreading when my girl gets bigger. You know who has a good pattern for swimsuits is Patty Young in her new book.

AlyceB said...

What a clever fix!