Once again, very little was done this week. I promise, once summer is behind us, this blog won't be such a drag! :)
I did manage to do a few little things:
Utility Bags: I finished all 10 bags, and they turned out great! I haven't taken pictures yet, but will get those up tomorrow!!
I did get some prep work done. There are some blocks that came out a little bit small, so I am trying to figure out the best approach here. I think I know what I am going to do, so some sewing will get done on this today!
My main project of the week: altering my 8 year old's swim suit. Okay, I know that I am very conservative, but this year has been a swimsuit nightmare. I'm sorry - I don't want my daughter wearing a suit that is trying to make her look like a mini woman. We have tried 3 times to get a decent suit and each time it has been to low cut, to high cut, or just plain inappropriate. Finally, I found one at Downeast Outfitters that was very, very close to what we were looking for. BUT - My daughter is very tall, so the top was, once again, too short. That's when I realized: I can fix this. I sacrificed one of my swim suit in the process, but I managed to sew a band around the bottom of the top and yea!! She now has a suit that looks cute and covers her in an appropriate way. I have a feeling this is going to be the norm every summer. I may just try making our own swimsuits... we'll see. :) So here is the finished product.
Well, that's all! Check out all of the WIPs over at Freshly Pieced!! :)