Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Easter Dress

So... I've gone back and forth over whether or not I should tell the whole story of this migraine inducing dress... or just pretend that I meant to do it this way right from the beginning.

Which is funny, because this was what I intended to do right from the beginning, but made a mistake and tried to do something else. That failed. Then I had to redo the bodice. Which I ended up cutting wrong - again. Then, to fix my second mistake, I went back to the original plan. **sigh** Oh, the joys of making my own dress pattern. I should have slowed down a little...

BUT - third times the charm, the end result is darling, so I'm okay with it. hahaha!!

So, here it is - the princess' 2011 Easter dress!!






I really am pleased with the final result. And she loves it, which is most important! :) Happy Easter!

6 comments:

tiffany said...

it turned out cute i like it

Amy said...

I think it looks very nice on her! good job.Happy Easter

Valerie said...

It is adorable, i love the colors and fabric

Leanne said...

It's classic! She looks great, love the silver shoes!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oh, it's wonderful. She's a cutie! And I'm kinda glad to hear you struggled with designing the pattern. I might have had to hate you a little if you just whipped out an adorable dress from your own pattern with no problems. ;)

Angie said...

It's very pretty! Good job.