Friday, September 21, 2012

Baptism Dress

I finished my niece's baptism dress!! Yea! It turned out beautifully, and - thank Heaven above - it fits her perfectly! **sigh of relief** (It's nerve-racking making a dress for someone 100s of miles away!!)

So, here it is!


I used Simplicity Pattern #4647, view D, but with sleeves added.



For the sash flower, I decided to make a fabric rosette. I had never made one before, and my practice attempts weren't the best. However, after reading several tutorials - and tweaking all of them - I came up with this and I am so so pleased with how it looks! I will probably post a "my way" tutorial on this soon. They are actually pretty easy and fun! I will be doing them again. And again... :)

So, yea! to a great finish! It is such a relief to have it done!! :)

6 comments:

Angie said...

So beautiful, and she loves it! Thank you again and again.

Melissa Corry said...

Beautiful!!! So cute!!!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

This is so pretty! I would love your rosette tips. Mine never look right.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

you do such a beautiful job with clothing! It is gorgeous.

Terri said...

Sew pretty! and the rosette is perfect. Looking forward to the tut.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Such a very pretty and special dress! LOVE the lace and the embroidery!

Baptism Clothes