I finished my niece's baptism dress!! Yea! It turned out beautifully, and - thank Heaven above - it fits her perfectly! **sigh of relief** (It's nerve-racking making a dress for someone 100s of miles away!!)
So, here it is!
I used Simplicity Pattern #4647, view D, but with sleeves added.
For the sash flower, I decided to make a fabric rosette. I had never made one before, and my practice attempts weren't the best. However, after reading several tutorials - and tweaking all of them - I came up with this and I am so so pleased with how it looks! I will probably post a "my way" tutorial on this soon. They are actually pretty easy and fun! I will be doing them again. And again... :)
So, yea! to a great finish! It is such a relief to have it done!! :)