Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Okay - here are my current WIPs!!

First, I did get the rest of my prints for the Supernova Quilt-a-long! I think this is going to turn out fabulous! I am thinking, though, that I will do 12 blocks instead of 9, to make it bigger. I am going to give it to my hubby to replace this super sad 15 year old "well loved" quilt that he won't let go of, so it needs to be really good sized. Here is the stack of prints:


Second, I have (finally) made some progress on the diaper covers!


I am taking a photography class this weekend, and the gal I am making these for will be there, so I want to get them done by Friday to give to her. So far, I am liking them. I had some inspiration last night too, so I have a few ideas for the rest. Muahaha! They will be cute! Still have to pick up some elastic, though!

Third, as I posted yesterday, I did my first block for the Bottled Rainbows Quilt-a-long. For my first attempt at ticker tape, I think it's good. It can only go up from here. But really, I want this quilt to have a childish feel, so this block is just what I was hoping for! Lots of fun!!


Last, any input on which layout I should use for my HST (half square triangles) baby quilt? I can't decide...



Wish me luck on all these projects!! :)

11 comments:

Leanne said...

Your work is great, but in case you need it too, here is a good luck wish!

tiffany said...

fun stuff as for the llayout i like the second picture the very last pic have fun at your photography class you can teach me what you learn

Amy said...

very nice diaper covers. I like both layouts for HST.. that is the fun with them,picking a layout.I am sure whichever one you pick will be nice.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Hmmm...I think I vote for the zigzags, but I like both layouts, very much! And here's your official good luck, quilting style - break a needle! :)

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

I like the zig zags better.

Angie said...

Photography classes too??? You are a wonder to behold. =)

Daniel Stone said...

Such cute stuff! I think I like the first picture best for the baby quilt.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh fun, I'll see more of you during the supernova quiltalong! Like your fabrics. I like your bottled rainbow block! I've been trying to avoid that qal because I have too much to do, but I love everything I'm seeing so much!
I think I like the zigzags best (1st one). That's the problem with HST's, there is so much you can do with them!

~ Val @ PinkPlease! ~ said...

Your first block looks great! I like the zigzag layout! Looks great.

Leah said...

Wow! Your are busy. Enjoy your photography class. I love the 2nd layout for the quilt

Lee said...

I love the top layout of your HST quilt. It's lovely. And I can't wait to see your Supernova! Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week.