Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Toy Hammock

Is it just me, or does every one's kids stuffed animals seem to multiply nightly?

Well, my son was experiencing severe toy storage control issues, so yesterday I decided to make a little toy hammock.

I looked at a few ideas and tutorials on Pintrest, but to be honest, I looked at the pictures and then just did my own thing - only loosely based on what I saw.

This is what I came up with...


I made a 37 inch square using jersey knit scraps from various Maxi skirts that I have made/am making for myself and my daughter. Then, I folded it in half diagonally to create a right triangle.

Then, I bound the end using bias tape (interesting aside - I bought the bias tape because I liked the color. I didn't realize it matched that blue fabric perFectly until I started pinning it on! And just now, I looked over and realized that the color I bought weeks ago for sashing on my Skill Builders Quilt is the same too. I must really like that color...). I created little loops at the corners for hanging.

And TaDa!! It works!!



I really am happy with how it came out! I am going to make another for my daughter's room...

4 comments:

tiffany said...

Super cute I had a fisheans hammock for my stuffed annals when I was little

Can Andrew reach his toys in the hammock!

Melissa Corry said...

So adorable!! We need some of these in our house because yes, apparently all of our stuffed animals multiply like bunnies.

Melinda said...

Very cute! I love those little hammocks!

Katie B said...

VERY clever!
And I love the Play Ball quilt! I don't think I've seen that one before.