Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekender Bags... DONE!

I cannot believe I am saying this before Thanksgiving, but... all 3 Weekender Bags are finished!!!! Yeehaw!!!


I have to say, I am really thrilled with the results.


This one is the princess's:



It was the first one to go through each step, and therefore is the worst of the bunch. I almost feel bad. But... not bad enough to try again. I made a poor choice to top stitch the lining in on hers and I cringe every time I look at it. So I hand stitched the other two and I'm glad. But I feel bad about hers. But you know what? She'll love it! So that's okay.

This is the little man's:




His was second on each step, and therefore, greatly improved. I so love the fabrics on this one!

Here's MINE!! (I don't know if you can tell, but I really like mine!)




I saved mine for last. I am glad. (Muahahaha!) By the time I got to my bag on each step, I had things wired. So mine really is the best. (insert smirk). I Looooooove the fabrics for mine. It is so bright and happy. I am a little sad that I have to keep it under wraps until Christmas. I want to use it NOW!! :)

So, my thoughts on the Weekender Bag. Honestly - the best analogy I can come up with is that this pattern is a little like childbirth. The beginning stages aren't too bad. Then you have to suffer through a few stages of utter agony. But when you are done, you are totally thrilled and feel like a goddess. But would I do it again? Hmmm... Ask me in 3 years.

15 comments:

tiffany said...

they are cute why do you have to keep them under wraps till christmas?

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

So awesome! Way to go!I Love your bag's fabric best although they are all cute.

Angie said...

So darling! Great job, Linz.

Jennifer said...

omgosh I LOVE THEM!! they came out so great!

Cassandra {Sleeping or Sewing} said...

OMG!!! I love your childbirth analogy. LOL! Yeah... after the 3 years you've forgotten how bad it was. I think nature does that intentionally, partial memory loss, otherwise we'd stop having kids or repeat other things in our lives. ;-)

The bags look fantastic!!!

Daniel Stone said...

These look incredible!! I love all the fabrics, especially yours. And I totally would've saved mine for last, too! :)

Melinda said...

Love them! Wow, Lindsay, you did a great job! You make me really want to go out and make one.

Melissa Corry said...

They look fantastic!! Great job Lindsay!! I love the fabric for yours!!

Katie B said...

These are so awesome! I can't believe you finished already. Surely you have helper elves who sew for you at night...

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

YOU ROCK! those are amazing. I love all of them, but especially the fabrics for yours. And don't feel bad about your daughters. One of them had to be first. and maybe she'll need the extra strength of the machine stitching right!?

Aurelie said...

They look amazing. So cute, so functional. You kindof make me want some. Love your fabrics. Auri will love hers with the machine stitched lining (gasp!). You're a perfectionist. From here they all look great.

Leanne said...

I love them! They look wonderful and when you travel with your kids you will be one amazing group!

Marci Girl said...

Oh I love the analogy to childbirth, so true! LOL They are all beautiful and you did a wonderful job with all three!

The Thompsons said...

They look fabulous! I can think of a couple of things that would fall under the childbirth analogy- so funny!

Kelly said...

i cannot believe you took on three of these things at once! i'm almost finished with mind, and can't even think of making another one! good for you, they all look great. :)