Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Another week... a busy one! Let's get to it...
Finished: Awesome Quilt!! Yea!


Weekender bags.

I cut out everything that I could possibly cut out. One total bag and all of the fusible webbing and peltex for the other two. Although, I did end up being short on fusible webbing. Either the pattern was wrong, or the lady at the fabric store stiffed me. Who knows. Anyway, today the fabric for the other two bags arrived, and can I just say - GORGEOUS!! I am so thrilled. I don't have a picture yet, but will get one by next week. So - first bag. I am through step 7. Now I'm on hold until my zippers arrive. This is my very first attempt at piping, and it wasn't too bad! YEA!


So far, this pattern is not as bad as I expected, but let's see how the rest treats me...

SBS:

Block 15! Love it!


NO Progress:
Princess Christmas Dress (although we did decide on colors and pattern)
Mug rugs (yeah, right. Let's talk about these around December 20th)
Lego Bag (soon, though)
King Size for E (we did find some fabric that she likes, though!)

NEW this week! (I know - I really have lost it.)

A dress for me! I am so excited to do this!!!


Turkey Costumes.

I suppose it's my fault. But, the kids begged for Turkey costumes for Thanksgiving. Here's the idea...


Which inspired this:


A Turkey Table Runner! This is just the layout, but I really think it's going to be darling! :)

So, there we are! Lots on the sewing table. Wish me luck and sanity!! :)

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

And TNT at Happy Quilting!

38 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

The Weekender pattern is a little short on the fusible interfacing - I ran out too! So how many Weekenders are you making - 3????? Wow!! Looking good so far :) Can't wait to see the turkey costumes!

Leanne said...

Your quilt is lovely and turkey costumes are too fun. Everyone is making that bag, I am going to cave and make one too soon, yours is going to be wonderful.

Sleepless In St. George said...

Hey just wanted you to know I broke down and bought the chenille cutter...so if you wanna borrow it you can! Love that you have time to quilt...someday I will (I keep reminding myself that)!

Quilt Genius said...

Your turkey is adorable!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

M-R Charbonneau said...

Fabulous projects, Lindsay! Way to go on the piping -- it looks great! Your awesome quilt is well, awesome! Great job!

JuliePickles said...

You are a brave woman for taking on so many weekender bags! Have you seen the dresden turkey tutorial on Missouri Star Quilt Company? Your turkey made me thinks of theirs :) It's very cute!

Jennifer said...

weekemder, ah! but i'm living vicariously though you! haha also love that runner, so cute!

Heather D. said...

The weekender bag looks amazing so far. Love all your progress.

Also must say, your blog header is awesome!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Everything looks wonderful and that turkey idea is so cute! I thought of doing something similar (as a pillow, of course ;)!

tiffany said...

cute weekender bag i cant wait to see the turkey costume

KristyLou said...

Your quilt is really neat!!!!

Becky said...

Very cute! Nice to see another garment sewer out there!

Kerstin said...

Please, please, please post some pics of your kids in the costumes, I would not want to miss that! And yay for you to make a dress, I feel like I haven't sewn a garment in ages.

Cille said...

The no. 15 block is stunning... And the turkey runner has a lot of potential. My bery good friend is American and always invites us over for Thanksgiving. Thinking about making her one :)

Foolish Feathers said...

A Turkey costume? What a fantastic idea! I love the turkey table runner, I am crazy for all things Sandy Gervais so I simply LOVE the "Awesome Quilt" Very nicely done!

Rebecca said...

Super cute turkey! I want to make one now!

The Thompsons said...

That turkey is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time! I want to see these costumes of yours - too cute!

Katie B said...

Your weekender looks so awesome so far!

Maggie said...

Great turkey!

Letterpress said...

Every time I think I'm a little productive I head over to your place and realize I'd better run a little faster to keep up with you! Bravo to you for three weekender bags--you'll have to post if you hate them when you are through or if you love them. I'm collecting reviews before I start mine. And I love that turkey!

Elizabeth E.
occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

Melissa Corry said...

The piping looks awesome and I love the fabric for your bag!! Way to go on all your projects.

Pat Merkle said...

Oh,all your projects look great. I love you colors and fabrics!

Christie describeHappy said...

Your bag is coming along nicely!! More inspiration that bags can be made and I shouldn't be too scared of them. And turkey costumes? That's fantastic!!

Marci Girl said...

Everything is beautiful! Can't wait to see those finished weekender bags!

Pippa Parsons said...

oh Im loving the Turkey runner, is it the missouri quilt co tutorial ??

Lee said...

Oooh, Weekender bags. More than one? You crazy, girl. The Awesome Quilt and your Minnesota block both look great! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Rebecca said...

LOVE the quilt! And I hope those weekender bags continue to go smoothly for you!

Izzy said...

Love the turkey! And the weekenders are way cool.

Debbie said...

great projects! Wow about all those weekenders!

Marsha Cooper said...

such a cute turkey!
I wish I knew how to put lining in to the bags that I make.

Ella said...

Let me bow to your glory. Weekender BAGS, plural?!

Rachel said...

The turkey is fantastic. So is the circle fabric for the bags. Good luck with all your WIPS!

KellyS said...

Oh my goodness your turkey is adorable! Your quilt is awesome too, hence the name, right? Great job on it! Good luck on all your WIPs, especially those costumes!

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

fun fabrics on #15

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on tackling that bag, I think anyone that completes an AB big bag pattern should get a medal lol

Cute idea with the turkey too

Allison said...

great turkey! :)

Leila said...

You're such a nice mom! :)
I am still in love with the colors you picked for block 15.
And I can't wait to see your dress.

Al said...

Such a cute turkey!