Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Giving Thanks edition

I can't believe it's Wednesday again!! More specifically - I can't believe it's the Wednesday before THANKSGIVING!!!! Where did November run off to? Better yet, where did 2011 run off to?!?

Anyway - it's been a spectacular week!!

Finished:

WEEKENDER BAGS!!! All 3 of them!


Check out all the glory HERE!

Turkey Costumes:


They are finished, hilarious, and fun. I'll be posting a real picture of my little Turkeys in them tomorrow! (In the meantime, here's a funny story - yesterday, my 4 year old was at his karate class, and was telling his Sensei about being a turkey. His Sensei had no idea what this child was talking about. I was laughing pretty hard!)

Music Stand Carrying Case:


I really needed this! AND - I will be putting up a tutorial soon!! So, stay tuned! :)

Progress:

Lego Bag!


I actually got some sewing done on this! The top is about 2/3 of the way sewn! I am using all of my leftover Halloween-fabric-that's-not-too-Halloweeny fabric, and I really like how it's coming together!

Skill Builder - block 18 Circle of Geese


I have been wanting to try this one!! I was a little afraid that my floral print would be killer on the eyes, but - it's okay. I really do like it! And with this block, we are officially half way!!!



No progress:

Dresses - mine is cut out. And we did get the fabric for the princess's! And I got ALL of her cuts at 50% off!! YEA!!!

E's King Size - still in planning and acquiring stage. She did choose the HST route. So I have to gear up for a few hundred HST. Wish me luck. ;)

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I would like to take one second to say something I am thankful for. I am thankful for the online quilting and sewing community. I have never "met" a group of kinder people, who have taught me so much and who are unfailingly supportive! Thank  you all for being my virtual friends!! :) Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!

So that is all for now, I think! Be sure to check out all of the WIPs over at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

11 comments:

Melinda said...

I still can't get over your 3 weekender bags. THREE! Unreal. Everything looks great.
My son takes karate as well! Although I'm pretty sure his sensei already thinks he's a turkey!
And I am thankful for you, dear! I don't know that I would have kept blogging if I hadn't had someone who kept coming over and commenting really consistently like you do. Thanks so much for being a quilty/bloggy buddy!

Kristen King said...

Can't wait to see those turkey costumes..and the weekender bags are great! :)

M-R Charbonneau said...

Those Weekender bags are fabulous, Lindsay. You did a fabulous job. The online community is pretty awesome, ins't it? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jennifer said...

Your Weekenders are great! I'm still working on a Blossom Bag, so I've very scared to try the weekender!

Leanne said...

All your projects are wonderful! I love that circle of geese, I think that the fabrics are great.

Lee said...

Seriously, three Weekender bags! You deserve a vacation or something. : ) Good luck with the lego bag, let me know how it goes! And as always, thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

tiffany said...

how can a sensei who works with kids have no idea that your 4 year old was going to be a turkey? doesnt the sensei know that a turkey learning karate is a future ninja?

i love all your projects super cute weekender bags (i almost wrote ninja bags but caught myself)

Sel said...

Wow. Those weekender bags! I'm in awe. :)

You've got some amazing projects on the go!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I still can't get over the 3 weekender bags. You deserve extra pie tomorrow!
love the story about the turkey costume so funny.

Katie B said...

I cannot wait to see your turkeys in their costumes! Have a great holiday!!

Lindsay Conner said...

THREE Weekenders?! You are a wild woman, and an inspiration. Go girl!