Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For me? Maybe!

When I first started with this quilting kick, I went through a "buy every bit of fabric in sight" phase. I got over it, but I'm still working through the fabric that I bought.

One jelly roll that I bought was this line:

Freebird, by MoMo for Moda (click to see, obviously...)

When I got it, I thought - fun, but... loud. But I cut out the pieces for my planned squares... and then put it away. For quite a while. Then I finally got it out again and did a few more. Theeeeen - put it away.

You know the old saying, "absence makes the heart grow fonder"? Not so with this fabric. The longer it sat in my drawer, the longer I wanted to ignore it.

But, I finally pulled it out and started working on it again. I got the squares done, and then put it away while I mulled over what how to pull it all together. I had seen a few other quilts made with this line and I'll be honest. I wasn't really liking them. So finishing this was a trial for me. But, I decided what to do and got busy putting the top together. And...

I fell in love. Really. I finished quilting it today, so I have only the binding left to do, and I can honestly say - this is my favorite. By a lot.

It's funny - I haven't made a quilt for myself yet. I have a hard time picking fabric for me. So I said that I would just keep making quilts and when I made "the one" I would know it.

I was SURE this one would not be it.

But I think it might be!! I'll post pictures when the binding is done. And that point, I'll decide if it's mine - or if it goes in the shop. But I'm thinking it's mine!! :) Stay tuned!

4 comments:

tiffany said...

please post pictures i clicked on the link & nothing came up i didnt get to see the jelly roll

Jen said...

Ooooh, pretty fabric! I like that line. I hope it's a keeper.

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

I'm on the edge of my seat to see what it looks like.

Michelle said...

I'm excited to see it too! You are so creative and just have "a way" with making things look just right, ya know? LOOOOOVE how your Mom's quilt turned out. And Samantha's bag is darling too.