Friday, October 14, 2011

Diamond Chain Christmas Quilt

A finish!! Yea!! So here is the completed Diamond Chain Quilt, a wonderful quilt-a-long hosted my Melinda, of Tilda's Twisted Life!


I really like this pattern! Is interesting, but simple. It was really fun to make!

Clearly, I had a small issue with the quilting in one area. Don't look too close. Or look close, but don't laugh! And yes, I am way to lazy to pick that out... ;)


I quilted with green and red thread, which is the first time I have used multicolored thread. I really like it! It adds some interest to the large areas of white!

Thanks again to Melinda for hosting this quilt a long! It was fun!!

I am linking up to TGIFF over at Quilt Matters! Be sure to check out all of those great finishes!!


8 comments:

Melinda said...

I love it! I really like the idea of the two different colors in the quilting threads. I did mine in the same color as the Crimson which made it difficult to see the quilting in pics, but I like changing out the colors! Hope you enjoy putting it out for Christmas!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Oh wow, Lindsay, that's stunning! I so wish I'd done that Quiltalong! I love what you did with the green striped material in the centres -- very cool! This has such a fresh, almost candy cane feel -- love it! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Katie B said...

This is so fun! I love how it's Christmassy, but not over the top. You could leave this out year-round!

Kathy S. said...

Awesome! Love the Christmassy look. You did a great job AND it's done.

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

It turned out great! I don't see any quilting issues.

Ella said...

This is really beautiful! I may be adding more patterns to my "to do" list...

Krista Schneider said...

neato! i like. i can't see what quilting mistake you're talking about... ;P

Jen said...

Love it. I love colored threads, and I'm glad the fussy cutting turned out so great.

Can't wait to see your princess work. I am always amazed at your prowess in clothing construction.