Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Turkeys

I really love Thanksgiving!! Since I am not (ever) in charge of cooking the main dishes (I'll try not to take that as a commentary on my cooking... lol!) I try to contribute some fun extras. This year - Cornucopias and Pilgrim hats!!
Wait for it... The Cornucopias started with this...


I know. the picture alone makes me happy... Anyway, that turned into these:


Then - the hats:


Chocolate dipped marshmallows on fudge stripe cookies. Your welcome, family!! But - to the real reason for the post. My Turkeys. The only turkeys I will probably ever make...

You may notice the Princess's very interesting shirt? It her own design. It used to be a tank top, and she had me sew in the sleeves, upside down, of an old sweatshrit of her dad's... as turkey wings. It was a cleaver idea! lol!



He really is a little turkey...




hahaha! But really - from my home to yours - Happy Thanksgiving!

*****

As I have never used foam board in something that someone wears, and also... I have never made turkey costumes, I am going to link up to TNT at Happy Quilting!



I also want to list a few things I am thankful for:

I am thankful for my family. My husband, who is my best friend, and my kids who make me smile everyday.
I am thankful for all of my extended family. It's like having a giant cheerleading squad just for me!
I am thankful for my home.
I am thankful for my talents and the opportunity to share them.
I am thankful for the Internet!
I am thankful for all of you!

12 comments:

tiffany said...

i love it cant wait to see you

Melinda said...

I think we both have some really cute turkeys! Happy Turkey Day!

Larry and Cindy said...

Very cute and oh so fun!!!

Angie said...

Cute! Those cookies look soooo good.

needle and nest said...

Your little turkeys are just too cute! Great job on the costumes!

Michelle said...

So adorable!! I love 'em!

Katie B said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Your turkeys look so cute. I love your daughter's sleeve idea!

Melissa Corry said...

Your "turkeys" look adorable. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Valerie said...

Linds these are so creative and so darling! Love the outfits!

Letterpress said...

Fun to see your little turkeys (very inventive, by the way) but more fun to see your daughter has a good support crew in her mother, who helps her figure out her designs and gets them made.

I enjoyed reading your list of "thankfuls"--this is one of my favorite holidays because it makes me slow down and think of my blessings.

Elizabeth E.
occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

randi--i have to say said...

those hats are adorable! as are the turkeys. :)

Brenda in Sunny SoCal. said...

Hi I was wondering if you ever took photos on how to attach the backs to the sleeves? I have to add the "feathers" to my son's class turkeys and need to come up with a way of doing it

Thank you!