Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday - hang in there edition

Last week, my brain decided to take a vacation. Seriously. I forgot to take my son to preschool one day!!! Well, almost - I would have forgotten, but the other car-pool mom called me and asked where the heck I was (in a much nicer way), so they were only about 20 minutes late. Seriously, who does that?

I also forgot to do a WIP post. It threw me off. I didn't realize how much this weekly post helps me keep things together! So - here goes my list of WIPS!

Finishes:

One teacher gift, a fabric ornament


Tutorial found HERE at V and Co. I love how it came out, but I really hate hot glue!!

A Few drawstring bags for friends


Tutorial found HERE. This is a great tutorial! It is quick, and really cute!! Love them (want to keep them!!)

Stocking!




Read about this one HERE.

Progress:

SBS Block #19


SO cute!!! SO CUTE!! I love this block!

Princess's dress - all cut out and in the "next up" position! Yea!

E's King size - all cut out and starting to prep for piecing!

On hold - my dress. We'll see if I can squeeze that one in before Christmas. Probably not.

So there we go! Lots of fun and I feel like I'm really making progress on the list! Only a week and a half til Christmas!!! Wowza! December has really flown...

8 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

I have been planning to call you...did you see where people are putting their scraps inside clear ornaments? So you could make an ornament to go with all the scraps from your year and put the year in vinyl on it or you could make one from a particular quilt etc.

Leanne said...

The bags, stocking and ornaments are lovely and I love that block! It's funny how routines get all messed up at this time of year, you are not the only one forgetting things.

Katie B said...

Sweet gifts! I love those drawstring bags.
I've been missing my WIP list too--I have a little list of Christmas to-dos, but I'm afraid bee blocks and other things like that are going to fall through the cracks.

Pat Merkle said...

Everything looks great, but I just LOVE that block!

Aurelie said...

Oh my goodness. I just had to make one of those little ornaments (its already up on the blog, haha). Your blog is always so inspiring. great job with the stocking. We have a stockingless baby too but I'm not ambitious enough to try to match. Either all new or one of dad's socks from the laundry. Love the block. Gorgeous colors.

tiffany said...

everything is really cute and i like the fabric ball tree ordiment

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Everything looks great!! I adore that block and making some of Jeni's bags are high on my to-do list!

Melinda said...

I have got to check your website on my dashboard because I don't think I'm getting your updates for some reason. Love your bags; we made some of those ornaments out of paper the other day! Very cute with the Riley Blake! Love your stocking and the block is gorgeous!