Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday!

Wow! It's been 2 weeks since my last post. Why? Because Summertime continues to kill me!! lol! But really - we've been having fun and doing a lot of running around, but sadly, that translates into much less sewing time. Quick story - yesterday my hubby and I went out on a bike ride. 3 miraculous things happened:
1 - I didn't fall (this is a big deal!)
2 - I didn't swear once (again  - big deal!)
3 - I didn't get mad at my husband (because my lack of biking skills are somehow his fault, right?)

Then one horrible thing happened - we saw a hUge rattle snake. Seriously. It was a MONSTER!!! I am terrified of snakes. I like to pretend that they are just myths. Anyway - it gave me the creeps!!!

So, on to sewing!

These past two weeks, I have been working on a project for my husband, who in a few weeks is taking a group of scouts canyoneering. He has a bunch of gear for each scout, and I am making utility backpacks for each set.


They are actually super easy, really useful, and pretty cute! I'll probably make one for each on my kids in fabric that is actually cute, and put up a tutorial soon!

In other projects - I have cut the sashing for my game night quilt:


And planned the sashing for the skill builders!


As soon as those bags are done, I will be sashing things up!! Yea!!!

Be sure to check out all of the WIPs at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

I am with you on the snakes!! Scary :) The utility bags are super fun!! Can't wait to see your game night quilt all finished :)

Erin Camp said...

I don't know how you handle running into snakes. It would make me find a new hobby, the first time I saw one.

Taryn V. said...

Your biking miracles cracked me up! My husband and I have been biking together and he always gets irritated with me because I am so slow. Hopefully he gets over it or I get faster LOL! Those utility bags look so fun to make. I can't wait to see your game night quilt finished. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

P.S. I am in love with those shoes in your header!

Katie B said...

I'm with you on summer! It's just hard to find the time to sew/blog. I'm excited to see your quilts come together!

Terri said...

EEEEK! A snake would put me right off of biking, for sure.
Love the bags! Will the kids be keeping them - a souvenier of their trip? I'd love to see the tut.
Hugs

tiffany said...

SNAKES ARE REAL? i love the bags so much i want one i have been looking for a bag like that for awhile now

Shanna said...

I am with you on the snakes!! Yipes!! Love those little backpacks...I'm sure those kiddos are gonna love them!

Melinda said...

I can't wait to see your game night quilt! And let's just not talk about snakes, okay?