Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Once again, very little was done this week. I promise, once summer is behind us, this blog won't be such a drag! :)

I did manage to do a few little things:

Utility Bags: I finished all 10 bags, and they turned out great! I haven't taken pictures yet, but will get those up tomorrow!!

Game night:

I did get some prep work done. There are some blocks that came out a little bit small, so I am trying to figure out the best approach here. I think I know what I am going to do, so some sewing will get done on this today!


Swimsuit alteration:

My main project of the week: altering my 8 year old's swim suit. Okay, I know that I am very conservative, but this year has been a swimsuit nightmare. I'm sorry - I don't want my daughter wearing a suit that is trying to make her look like a mini woman. We have tried 3 times to get a decent suit and each time it has been to low cut, to high cut, or just plain inappropriate. Finally, I found one at Downeast Outfitters that was very, very close to what we were looking for. BUT - My daughter is very tall, so the top was, once again, too short. That's when I realized: I can fix this. I sacrificed one of my swim suit in the process, but I managed to sew a band around the bottom of the top and yea!! She now has a suit that looks cute and covers her in an appropriate way. I have a feeling this is going to be the norm every summer. I may just try making our own swimsuits... we'll see. :) So here is the finished product.


Well, that's all! Check out all of the WIPs over at Freshly Pieced!! :)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Great fix for that super cute swimsuit!!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

You could try Lands End. I get my kids tankinis because we spend almost every day at the pool and they are still young (my oldest is only 6) so using the bathroom can be a real chore getting a one piece up and down. They have sales year round and I've gotten suits for $5 a pop for each piece. Great job fixing the suit!!!

Katie B said...

Good fix on the swimsuit! When I see the swimsuits available for little girls, it makes me glad I have a boy! The options just don't seem very modest to me.

Really excited to see game night!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

good fix on the swimsuit! I'm dreading when my girl gets bigger. You know who has a good pattern for swimsuits is Patty Young in her new book.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What a clever fix!