Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer Series Top!!!

Yipee-yi-yea!!! I finished the Summer Series top today!! I am SO excited with how it came out!! I made a few extra blocks (another Arkansas Traveler, another Greek Cross, and 2 Virginia stars) to make the quilt a little bigger. And I added sashing and a few borders to create a 66 x 66 inch beauty!!!!

Here she is: Named by the Princess, "Summer All The Time"


**Love** Probably my favorite ever.I used Kona Charcoal for the sashing. I really wanted the colors to just pop out. I think it worked perfectly!! I can't wait to quilt this baby!!

11 comments:

Angie said...

"Summer All the Time." Love it!

Lindsay Conner said...

Wow--I love the small prints you used--they almost look like solids! It is gorgeous. :) Great work, once again!

tiffany said...

i love it and the princess did a great job with the name i wish it would be summer all the time weather wise

Melinda said...

So pretty! I love it! I really love how you used a dark base for the bright colors.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

This quilt is incredible!!!

Katie B said...

It looks fantastic!!! And those little cornerstones are perfect.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Gorgeous! Wow!

Al said...

So pretty. I love how bright it is. It makes me want a Popsicle.

Leanne said...

It is summer all the time! I love the charcoal, it works so well with your blocks!

Jen said...

I love it. The sashing is perfect.

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic! Great job and I love your color choices. The sashing looks great with the square in it!!