Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP!

Wow. I am so far behind, it's just sad! I am still coming out of vacation mode... housework is not getting done. Sewing is being neglected. I'll get back into the groove but for this week, here's all I've got...

Summer Series: the 12th block, which I did the moment I picked up my machine:


I love how it came out. I decided to go bold and colorful! So, I have all 12 blocks done, but I decided that I want to make the quilt just a little bigger, so I'm going to make a few more, then get the top pieced together.

I did also get the Virginia Star done for the SBS Sampler, but I haven't take pictures yet. It's a motivational problem. My mind is still in Colorado. ;)
Anyway, I will pick things up this week, but for now - don't miss all the great WiPs at Freshly Pieced! (Oh, and don't forget to vote for Lee's fabric - see post below!!) Happy WiP Wednesday!!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

14 comments:

Melinda said...

Wow! LOVE the colors and you did a great job! Hope you had a great vacation!

Krista Schneider said...

beautiful block! glad your machine is back home safe and sound :D

Debbie said...

Lovely block! I'm anxious to see yours come together - very fun!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, I love your block!! Looks like a sun to me, I adore it :) Hope you had a great vacay!

Jerimi said...

The colors you picked for your block are just perfect!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Beautiful block, the colors are fantastic! I'm loving seeing how different these samplers are.

Mitzi said...

I love your block! Love the colors, looks so happy.

twelfthzodiac said...

All 12 blocks done, sounds great to me lol ..I just finished 8!
I love the colour combo in yours :)

Katie B said...

Must've been a great trip! Love this block.

Lee said...

It's so amazing what different color choices can do for this block! I just love it, so bright and fun. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Love, love love the bright and fun colors of this block. So sunny! I'm going to pretend that when school starts I'm going to have time to quilt.

Leanne said...

That is a very nice block! I think this is a very busy time, any progress is great, I have zip.

tiffany said...

i totally thought i had commented i know i read this post before

i love the colors also very happy and pretty im going to pretend i know how to quilt i may take a sewing class sometime

Letterpress said...

This is a stunner!

Of course, we all want to make one now, so look for a lot of clones coming your way.

I have the same prob with the "coming out of it" business. When I read around on the other blogs, I notice that we are not alone.

I finally started cutting ONE square out of a planned new quilt last night, then left it on the ironing board to go and watch a movie with my husband. So progress. . . just not MUCH progress. Sigh.

Elizabeth E.