Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bedroom is done!

I am SO pleased to say that the bedroom project is FINISHED!!! YEA!!! It took two weeks. Two LONG weeks. I am not usually sooooo ready to be finished with a project, but this one just about killed me. I do not want to do any more home projects for a while. So, you know we'll start one in a few weeks... lol!

Anyway, in truth, the bedroom reno started 2 years ago when we painted the walls grey. At the time we put up barn doors for the closet and bathroom, but we left them unpainted. For TWO years! Sloppy. But, I am happy to say, once we started on the floor, we continued through and got the doors finished too! I am pleased (?) to say I am now near expert in vinyl spackling, and also, pretty handy with an angle grinder.

So, here it is, in all it's glory! (Bear in mind, it is really hard to photograph a room...)

The bedroom!




Michael built these valences to cover the tracks, and they look awesome! We have decided to put some pictures (and um... a few gifts from the kids) on display up there. I think it's just awesome!



This is what we decided to do for the thresholds. It looks so cool in person!

Ta-da!! I am so relived to have this over with! I am planning on changing our bedding (although, shockingly, it doesn't involve a quilt...) and we are going to get a rug too. But for now, this is done! :)

10 comments:

Valerie Hart Photography said...

Linds it's awesome!!! I really love it, it has tons of personality and I LOVE the colors, Good JOB!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Looks great! What is the gray color called? Our roo has a few gray samples painted in a few places and I'll admit the walls have had those splotches at least 10 months. Maybe I should get around to picking something! I like the gray you chose. Definitely gray but not too dark. The samples I tried were either too light or too purply.

Melissa Corry said...

Yippee Skippee!! It looks fabulous!!

Katie B said...

This looks awesome! I love to see your quilt hanging in the wall.

M-R Charbonneau said...

It looks fabulous, Linz! Great job!

strbrte said...

I love it! The floor looks amazing! I would love to know what you used and how it's holding up!

Gale said...

Linz - it al looks beautiful! What does the hanging say that begins with 'If'? That's all I can make out.

The Thompsons said...

It looks beautiful! Love the colors you chose.

Leanne said...

It looks wonderful! I love those doors, very cool idea!

Letterpress said...

I'd say it was worth the wait.

You know I've always hated/loved those article in magazines that have a complete room do-over in a day, because anyone who has ever tried that knows dang well you can get one part done, and then it takes another year to get another part done, and to finish it all off? You're lucky if you get to it before your husband gets a transfer and you have to move.

That's why it's so awesome that you have finished it off! I like the big parts: the floor, the doors, etc. and I like the little parts: the treasures on the wood track-hiding valance among other things. Thanks for posting these photos! (and I think you did a great job in getting good pictures of your achievement).


Elizabeth E!
occasionalpiece.wordpress.com