Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Wednesday - so WIP it!

This week has been one of good solid progress. And Pintrest. Heaven help me, I have a Pintrest problem. You know, I joined Pintrest to pin quilt patterns that I loved and wanted to try. It has become my fantasy high heel closet instead. Sigh.... heels.
Anyway - I do have a quilt board, and a sewing board, and a craft board too, so feel free to come check out my boards, and maybe get some shoe inspiration too! lol!!

Anyway - here is my sewing progress!

E's King Size HST Quilt:
Set one is finished!!!! YAY!! Set 2 is sewn and pressed just waiting to be trimmed...

King size HST quilt

Skill Builders Sampler:

I made block 22 - flowering snowball - our first curved block. Curves are bleck. But they look wonderful!!!

SBS block 22 Flowering snowball

I also (finally) started block 21 - the applied Applique block.

SBS block 21 - in progress

It's progress! Not much, but progress none the less! Why I decided to do all needle-turn on this one I currently don't know. I am sure I'll be glad when I'm done... right?

Beejeebers:

First block done! I created a paper piece pattern for this all by myself!!

Beejeebers - January wonky house

I wish I would have copied it, though... lol!

Finally, Special Baby Boy Quilt:

We have decided on this super cute pattern:


In these super cute fabrics:

fabric for baby boy quilt

I am really excited to get going on this!!! Yay!!

Upcoming: A little flower girl dress for my friend's daughter, and a baptism dress for MY Princess! Stay tuned for more on those!!

Well, that is all for this week! Be sure to check out all of the awesome WIPs at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Everything looks fantastic! I love that flowering snowball block. and yes, you should be an expert on needleturn applique when you are don that block! That's something I want to learn this year too.
Super cute puzzle pattern quilt! adorable.

CityHouseStudio said...

Wonderful projects! That baby boy quilt is going to be amazing. And I love your cute little house!

RobinLovesQuilting said...

That house is incredibly cute - can you just use tracing paper and trace over the seams to get your pattern back?

And I LOVE that puzzle pattern: it will look so good with the fabric you picked!

Mitzi said...

Your flowering snowball block is gorgeous! I love the color combination.

Perfect fabrics for the boy puzzle quilt, too! That is going to be fantastic.

tiffany said...

i love the blocks they are so cute

my feet are hurting just by looking at all those heels that is quiet the collection

M-R Charbonneau said...

Yay for trying curves! Love the fabric and pattern you chose for that boy's quilt. It will look great, Linz!

Cassie said...

I, too, am addicted to pinterest! Now I have a bit too much inspiration haha. I also am very impressed with your applique block, I was not brave enough to go that route. And I love the fabrics/design for the baby boy quilt :)

Anonymous said...

I took the time to read through your last couple of posts--I want to see that completed bedroom! The color of the floor is gorgeous. Will you be putting down some throw rugs to help with cold feet/noise? (Love love that color.)

And bravo to you for that paper-pieced house. It's very cute and very clever. Can you make a photocopy of the quilt block so you can at least have a record of what it was (and make a pattern from that?).

Elizabeth E.
occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

The Thompsons said...

My addiction is yummy desserts on pinterest. It's so dangerous, but oh so fun! That puzzle pattern is absolutely adorable! I had to pin it!!

Amy said...

I also love Pinterest!!!love the projects you have in the works.

Lee said...

Love that baby boy quilt, it looks like puzzle pieces! Congrats on all your other progress as well. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Julzie said...

Wow, love it all and well done for making that 'to die for' cute house paper pieced block - I love it :)