Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Game Night

Okay, so a huge KUDOS to everyone who guessed TRIVIAL PURSUIT!! It is in fact a Trivial Pursuit board! :)


Now, here's the big reveal of function #2 for this block! February is MY month in the Beejeebers Quilting Bee, and the theme I have decided to use...

FAMILY GAME NIGHT!!!

Squee! I have had this idea floating and forming in my mind for a long time, and I am so excited to make it a group effort! I can't wait to see what the other gals come up with!

Here's the basic idea: the quilt front will have blocks, each representing a family friendly game. Then, on the back, I will be creating a giant chess board! And I will probably even make big chess and checkers pieces! I think this one is going to be SO much fun!!

So, to my Beejeebers gals - good luck! I can't wait to see your creativity in action!!!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

What a cool idea! And that would keep you from having piles of game boards! We have a big cloth checker game that came with big plastic checker pieces but fabric ones would be super cute. I bet you could find some fabric with crowns on it to put on one side when you are 'crowned!'

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Ok I call Twister!

Katie B said...

This will be so much fun! I hope someone makes a Scrabble block. :)

Melissa Corry said...

I am so excited for this block :) It is going to be a blast!!

tiffany said...

this block is sooo cute i love it

Jen said...

I can't believe I didn't get that. I knew it looked familiar. We love that game! Fantastic block.