Thursday, January 19, 2012

TNT Thursday

So I have done a few new things, and I want to link up to Melissa's TNT Thursday!!! :)



Some of these, you've seen - but I forgot to credit my new acheivements. One is a small thing, but a NEW thing, so here we go!

First - a few weeks ago I made my own paper piecing pattern for the Beejeebers!

Beejeebers - January wonky house Word.

Second - this week, I FINISHED my first needle-turn applique block!

SBS block 21 - Topeka Rose

Yea!

Last - yesterday I ordered fabric online for my daughter's baptism dress. Now, I have ordered fabric online before - but not SILK!!!


That's right folks. The princess is getting Dupioni Silk. I've never worked with it before, never bought it before, and I am scared to death of ruining such delicious fabric.  :) Wish me luck!

Happy TNT Thursday! Here's to trying new things!!

10 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

Oh, her dress is going to be stunning!!! Good luck, I think I would be scared to death as well :)

Katie B said...

Oh, goodness. Dupioni Silk? You're so brave! Her dress is going to be GORGEOUS.

Melinda said...

Oh my! Well, just go into with the attitude that it's fabric (fabric that you treat with kid gloves!). Can't wait to see it!

needle and nest said...

Dupioni silk! You'll do great! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Angie said...

I can't believe she's getting baptized already! I'll bet the dress will turn out beautiful!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Love your blocks! I'm sure the dress will be as fabulous as its maker!

Sleepless In St. George said...

Just keep in mind it frays like crazy! It is dreamy to sew though! Just dont let her do bubbles in it...yes learned the hard way!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Awesome! It looks like you are really doing some advanced sewing! I can't wait to see how the dress turns out...gorgeous I'm sure!

tiffany said...

it will be a beatuiful dress cant wait to see it and i love the neeple point turn block

Leanne said...

Congratulations on making your own paper piecing patten, I want to do that soon too. The beautiful silk is just fabric, you can do it. I expect there are some tricks and that you have read up on them. Oh, and the applique is lovely.