Monday, February 13, 2012

Sneak peek...

My awesome hubby took the kids out for a Daddy day on Saturday so that I could have an epic sewing day!! I made great progress on the baptism dress. It is all constructed, but we still have some trim work to finish. Here's a sneak peek...


I know. It's beautiful, and I can't wait to show it off when it's all done!! This is the first time I have attempted ruching like this, and I am thrilled with how it came out!

As an aside, check out the Valentine's treats we made for the little man's preschool party...



They're Super! :)

Linking up!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Cute Super treats! And I can't wait to see the rest of the dress!

Unknown said...

I'm glad I have another year and a half before I have to make GIRL baptism dresses, as my boys just put on those cute little jumpers. :) And I was going to make those exact same treats for Matthew's class, but went with something a little easier. 123 valentines! That's what I had to make this year!!!!

The Thompsons said...

The dress looks great so far- she's going to look beautiful! Meanwhile- those Valentines are adorable! I'm still debating if I want to go cute or boring and easy this year since my son still doesn't care at this point.

tiffany said...

pretty dress i like it

and the treats are very super im sure everyone loved them

Katie B said...

Man...I was going to make those Valentine's but I took the easy way out and just bought cards and candy. Yours look so cute!

Melissa Corry said...

The dress looks stunning!!!

Susan said...

The dress looks fabulous! Congratulations on doing the ruching.