Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WIP Wednesday - "Oh, I have a blog?" edition

Tell me if this is true for anyone else - sometimes Tuesday is my most (and sometimes only) productive day, just so I have anything to post about on Wednesday. Anyone else? :)

This week lacked in productivity. Due in part to the fact that I lost my only pair of glasses and am now reduced to wearing those awful Kmart reading glasses until my new ones come in. Bleck.

Anyway, last Wednesday, I did finish my skirt, and I Looooooove it, but I have yet to get even a reasonably good picture of it!!! I will post one as soon as I can get one!! It's a great skirt!

Yesterday, I made this weeks Skill builder block - #25 - Wonky Log cabin.


This was an extremely fun block to make! I wasn't sure it I would like this improv style, but I did!! I think I want to make another one...

Also this week, I did manage to FINISH off the last set of HSTs for E's King Size Zig Zag quilt!! Can I get a Hallelujah!!?!!!


This is what 763 HSTs look like. And I only had a total of 5 HSTs that were not usable. I think that's a pretty low percentage! So, the hard part is done, and now I will set this aside for a moment as I concentrate on making the two dresses that I must get done ASAP! I am going to get the baptism dress cut out today if it kills me. (And it might! lol!) Wish me luck!

Be sure to check out all the WIPs at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

Jessica Kelly said...

Great wonky log cabin! Yours looks just picture perfect :-)

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

WIP Wednesday keeps me motivated to create for sure. :)
That is a lot of HTS! You CAN get a Hallelujah!

Good luck with that dress.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness that's a lot of HSTs! Wow! I'm impressed.

Melissa Corry said...

I think that is one of the big reasons I don't like making clothes. Cutting out the fabric pieces nearly kills me :)

The Thompsons said...

Yes- Tuesday is definitely the most productive day of the week. That's why I'm grateful for WIPs because it keeps me motivated to get something done. :)
I liked the improv block a lot as well. I may have to make a few more of those wonky log cabins. Yours turned out really cute.

Lee said...

LOL, that's me every Tuesday: "Oh, quick! I have to have something for my WIP Wednesday post!" Glad I can inflict some Tuesday motivation on the world.

Wow, 763 HSTs! That is ambitious! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Melinda said...

Love your wonky log cabin, and can't wait to see your king size pattern! Oh, and yes, Tuesday is my "cram it in" day for sewing as well!